Viruses can be disguised through sms or an email attachment as an enticing image, audio or video files or even a greeting card through the Bluetooth. This means that unless you are expecting an email attachment or you know the source of one, do not open any from an unknown source.
SYMPTOMS OF VIRUS INFECTION
- Your phone may go into re-starting frequently.
- Your phone may operate slower than usual.
- Your phone may stop obeying commands or locks up often.
- You may not be able to access some applications in your phone.
- Some applications on your phone may refuse to work properly.
- Unusual error messages may occur often and menus may appear unclear.
- Icons which you did not put may crop up and recently opened attachments may have dual extensions.
- Installed antivirus is likely to be disabled or the program may not start.
- New antivirus cannot be installed and even if it is installed, it will refuse to work until the phone is debugged.
- Battery depletion rate is likely to increase because the virus through its malicious operations will over labor the battery.
These are some common signs of assault by a virus although soft or hardware problems may present some of these symptoms.
My advice is that once your phone shows any of these signs; take the phone to a certified technician or your service provider. If you take action early enough, the damage may not be much. At the end of the exercise, you should have updated version of the necessary antivirus software installed on your phone. You must guard your phone against viruses and spy wares.